August 12, 2012

Warmoth Telecaster

     I got my Warmoth Telecaster in a direct trade for my Ibanez PGM30. The PGM30 is the only guitar I have ever regretted getting rid of. It was light, well balanced, and played like a dream plus it was the signature model of one of my favorite guitarists, Paul Gilbert.



     Luckily, The Warmoth that I received in the trade is just as awesome as the Ibanez and way more unique! Along with the guitar I also received the original invoice from Warmoth so I know that it was ordered on February 28th, 2005 and invoiced on July 13th, 2005. The guitar has a one piece black/red/yellow AAA quilted burst top on a hollow, extra light swamp ash body with rear routing, a contoured heel and no F hole. What makes the guitar so unique for a Telecaster shape is the original Floyd Rose bridge, the single EMG 81 bridge pickup and the custom extended 24 fret Birdseye maple fretboard on a Birdseye maple neck. Some other nice features are the Gotoh SG38 tuners and the SS fretwire. The guitar originally came with a Seymour Duncan '59 zebra Trembucker in the bridge but I prefer the EMG 81 that is currently installed (I still have the Trembucker in my parts bin).


     The guitar is actually quite versatile and can easily go from snarling distortion to clean tones by simply backing off the volume knob. I have the guitar tuned half a step down and it can hold a tuning very reliably and rarely needs adjustments. Because the guitar is so damn pretty, sounds amazing and is awesome to play I give it a 10/10. The build quality from Warmoth is also stunning so if anybody is wondering about their quality I would not hesitate for a second. 10/10 for Warmoth too!


No comments:

Post a Comment