August 10, 2012

Down - NOLA



     This amazing Stoner Metal album from Down was released by Elektra in 1995. The band is made up of Phil Anselmo (Pantera), Pepper Keenan (Corrosion Of Conformity), Kirk Windstein, Todd Strange (both from Crowbar) and Jimmy Bower (Eyehategod).


     NOLA, which is an abbreviation for New Orleans (N.O) and Louisiana (LA), is the first album released by Down and my favourite release by them. The 13 tracks contain some of the best Stoner Metal/Rock songs ever recorded including Lifer, Eyes Of The South, Losing All, Stone The Crow and Bury Me In Smoke. You can check out the full album in the Youtube link below.


     I remember learning to play the entire record on my guitar by repeating it over and over on my stereo. It was one of my favourite albums when it first came out and it remains just as awesome to this day. We can look forward to some new Down tracks soon because they are set to release the first of 4 new EPs (titled Down IV Part I - The Purple EP) on September 18th 2012!!! I give NOLA a solid 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment