July 13, 2012

Skull Fist, Diemonds, Fatality, Call Of The Wild And Old James At The Hard Luck

     This past weekend on July 7th I attended the Skull Fist, Diemonds, Fatality, Call Of The Wild and Old James show at the Hard Luck Bar. 5 Awesome bands for 10 bucks! It would take me forever to review the whole concert so I'll just point out my highlights from the night.

- I got to hang out with a friend I haven't seen in a while.
- Old James played a Skynyrd cover and as they put it, "we play some fucking good BBQ music."
- Call Of The Wild were sloppy at first but had it together by about the third song. They played a very competent cover of Street Lethal by Racer X! Bitchin'!
- The female lead from Diemonds has a good dirty rock voice and they have the enthusiasm of a band playing to a sold out arena.
- Fatality play some good old school thrash and the lead singer's banter between songs is funny enough that he could do stand up comedy. I was laughing my ass off with his jokes about long hair.
 - Skull Fist is consistently awesome. Their showmanship and musicianship are as tight as you can get!


     I give the whole night a 9/10. I would have given it a 10 but I'm getting old and it was a looooong night.

     My next trip to The Hard Luck Bar will most likely be on July 21'st, 2012 to see Barn Burner and Skeletonwitch. It's sure to be an awesome show so if you're in Toronto go support the bands!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment