May 04, 2012

Summer Movie List 2012

     Here is the list of movies I would consider going to this summer.

Currently in theatres
The Cabin In The Woods - I actually saw this one already last week and it was great. I can't describe what it's about without spoiling the movie but if you're a fan of horror you probably won't be disappointed. If you're not a fan of horror grow a pair and see it anyway.
The Avengers - I'm not too excited to see this so I'll probably wait a couple of weeks if I see it in theatres at all. However, it has been getting good reviews and was directed and written by Joss Whedon  (who also wrote Cabin In The Woods) so it's most likely good.

Coming in May
Dark Shadows - Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are together again. They've done good stuff and bad stuff together. Hopefully this remake/reimagining of the 1966-1971 television soap opera will be one of the good ones.
Battleship - This will most likely suck alien balls but it might be fun for some big budget explosions... but that's probably it.
The Dictator - Sasha Baron Cohen is using a non Ali G show character! This also has Anna Farris and John C Reilly so I'm hoping for some funny shit.
Men In Black III - Yay!


Chernobyl Diaries - Scary stuff going on in Chernobyl. This is from the creator of Paranormal Activity and the TV show The River. Probably bad but you never know.

Coming in June
Piranha 3DD - The first one was way better than I was expecting. If this sequel can live up to the first film's craziness this will be a fun film.
Prometheus - This is THE movie I want to see this summer. Directed by Ridley Scott of Alien and Blade Runner and tied to the Alien stories is sweet enough but the trailers look absolutely jaw dropping.


Rock Of Ages - I haven't seen the original play but I know it has some good rock anthems in the sound track. I just hope they don't screw them up
That's My Boy - Recently if a film is a Happy Maddison production it's been pretty horrible. I'm hoping this will be good with Andy Samberg playing Adam Sandler's son.
Brave - Pixar film. 'Nuff said.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - This is based on a book I actually read! The book was fun and the film is directed by the same guy who did the film Wanted which was totally awesome. I have high hopes for this film.
G.I Joe: The Retaliation - Explosions and action like Battleship but this one has The Rock, RZA and Bruce Willis for bonus points.

Coming in July
The Amazing Spider Man - A reboot of the Spider Man franchise for Marvel. The movie looks darker this time and The Lizard is the main villain from what I've seen in the trailers.
Ted - Seth McFarlane of Family Guy/ American Dad directed this film about a childhood wish coming true. Mark Wahlberg is the adult dealing with his childhood wish for a living teddy bear. I like that it's not just Wahlberg who can see the bear walking and talking. Looks like it could be funny.
The Dark Knight Rises - The last film in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. This one features Bane and Catwoman. The first two movies were good (but a little long) and I see no reason why this one wouldn't be.


Neighbourhood Watch - A neighbourhood watch group versus an alien invasion. This one is directed by the same guy who did Hot Rod.

Coming in August
The Bourne Legacy - Cool! A Bourne movie. I expect lots of cool action and spy crap.
Total Recall - When I first heard they were remaking the classic Verhoeven film with  Colin Ferrell I was a little disappointed but the trailer makes it look pretty cool. I'm willing to give this one a chance but I'll miss Arnold's TWO WEEKS! scene.


The Expendables 2 - Statham, Willis, Schwarzenegger, Li, Stallone, Van Damme, Norris, Lundgren, Crews and Couture in one film. They don't even have to talk and this will still be cool.
ParaNorman - A really neat looking animated feature from the same production/effects company who did Caroline and Corpse Bride.
Premium Rush - Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a fixed gear messenger in New York. Looks like lots of chase scenes in heavy New York traffic.



No comments:

Post a Comment