June 02, 2012

Bud Light Lime Mojito

     Last weekend while walking downtown my girlfriend and I were stopped by some people offering samples of the new Bud Light Lime Mojito. Being a lover of beer, we each accepted the two 355ml cans that they were handing out. When I got home later that evening I put the cans in the fridge to cool. I opened a can of the beer that night to have with my home made pesto pizza and I must say that it is one of the worst drinks I've had in a long while! The taste is an unfortunate combination of watered down beer and teenage party cooler. I was never a fan of the regular Bud Light Lime (although my girlfriend and mother were), but the addition of a fake tasting mint hasn't helped the cause at all. In fact, we still have one can remaining in the fridge and it is RARE for a cold  beer to last for more than a day. We'll probably move out of our current apartment in a couple of years and find the can sitting in the back of the fridge like a failed experiment. -Gazillion/10


     Speaking of Budweiser... Almost exactly two years ago I was in St. Louis for a friend's wedding. While in St. Louis I attended a tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery. If you love beer and happen to be in that area the tour is a must see. The sheer scope of their operation is monumental and it's amazing to watch a large brewery at work. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment